We’ve just got a new shipment of Himalayan Salt Lamps in, which I’m very grateful for as I’ve been apologising to so many people this last week because we ran out completely.
Anyway they’ve arrived, we’ve processed them and they’re all ready to take home.
I feel like we’ve supplied most of Palmy with at least one Himalayan Salt Lamp, which is obviously a slight exaggeration, but I thought that for those of you who haven’t experienced living with a Salt Lamp yet, I’d tell you a little about them and what they do.
A wonderful addition to any home, office or treatment room Himalayan Salt Lamps are believed to be beneficial in a number of ways, including…
• improving the quality of the air in your environment
• acting as a natural dehumidifier
• generating negative ions
• alleviating symptoms of asthma, allergies, insomnia and headaches
• reducing the effects of electromagnetic smog, offsetting some of the nasties that come off our computers, microwaves, cell-phones and TV’s etc…
So what are Negative Ions and what do they do for us?
Negative ions are created when a molecule gains a negatively charged electron which is attracted to airborne 'nasties' like dust, mould and other pollutants and potential allergens. By attaching to these 'nasties' they give them a negative charge and, rather than drifting in the air, they fall to the floor or nearest surface. It is said that even bacteria and viruses circling in a room may be heavily reduced by negative ions attaching to them and removing them from the air.
After selling Himalayan Salt Lamps for nearly seven years, I can tell you that I receive so much positive feedback from customers who love their lamps. Some of the feedback I get includes…
• “I sleep much better now I have a salt lamp in my room”
• “My asthma is not so bad now”
• “My allergies are a lot better”
• “Having a salt lamp in my room has sorted out the condensation problem I had”
• “My son is a lot happier having a salt lamp going in his room at night”
And you know what? As well as all the wonderfully healthy attributes that Salt Lamps have, they also create a lovely ambience in any room.