Little rituals that we practice on a regular basis are important for creating and maintaining a happy, healthy life. They help improve our energy and vibration, no matter what’s going on around us, whether that’s in our personal lives, or globally. We’re bombarded daily with negative crap that, if we allow it, drains us, allowing negative thoughts and energy into our personal space.
So, what can we do about it?
I have several rituals that I consistently use on a daily basis, and others that I’d like to use daily and weekly, but don’t always get there, because my intention isn’t strong enough, which I must say - annoys me.
Ticking myself off about the stuff I don’t do as regularly as I’d like, is a waste of time and energy and does nothing to help me stay in a positive and healthy state of mind. Celebrating and feeling good about what I do include in my daily or weekly life, on a regular basis, is far more productive and helps me achieve my intention of living a happy, healthy, financially free, extraordinary life, which is one of my daily affirmations.
What I do practice daily, is…
- Saying positive affirmations in the shower
- Keeping an appreciation (aka) gratitude journal
- Aspiring to complain less
- Choosing and wearing crystals that feel good, on or about my person
What I do regularly, but not always daily, is…
- Meditating for at least 15 minutes
- Spending time setting my intentions for the day
- Listening to or reading something inspirational for at least 15 minutes in the morning
- Deliberately connecting in with my Inner Being & Spirit Helpers
- Saying the Ho’oponopono Prayer just before sleep and upon waking
- Taking time to deliberately make everyone I meet feel like ‘somebody’
- Planning my day and filtering out distractions
Other rituals I like to do regularly, but get there less frequently, include…
- Getting up at 4.30am for an hour and a half of ‘ME TIME’, Monday to Friday
- Visualising my goals and dreams, daily
- Going for a walk, mindfully appreciating the sights and sounds around me, daily
- Talking to my son and grandchildren in Australia, weekly
- Spending time with one of my friends, at least weekly
- De-cluttering my environment and giving stuff away, monthly
- Smudging my home and myself, fortnightly
- Blog my thoughts and inspirations, weekly
My intention for the month of July is to…
- add as many of the rituals from the second list into the first list as I can
- add as many of the rituals in the third list into the second, or even more ambitiously, the first list
I’m going to check in with myself at the beginning of August to see how I’ve done and I’ll let you know.
You might like to take a look at your daily routine and think about…
- Do I actually have any healthy rituals to help me stay positive no matter what’s going on around me?
- How often do I do them?
- How do I feel when I use these rituals on a daily basis?
- What sort of rituals could I introduce into my daily life?
- How will I fit these rituals into my daily routine?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT, AND ACTION IF YOU DARE